Mile High Home Care
7475 Dakin Street Suite 300, Denver, CO 80221
Position for Hire: Certified Nursing Assistant, C.N.A
Job Summary: Provide supportive and personal services for the clients with consideration of dignity and privacy. Provide personal care and hygiene to personal assistance clients.
1. Graduate of an accredited High School or equivalent preferred.
2. C.N.A. License
3. At least 2 years of home care experience is preferred
4. Ability read, write and follow directions.
5. At least 18 years of age.
6. Trained in CPR and first aid
7. Work positively and favorably with clients, families, and staff.
8. Demonstrate compassion, responsibility, and cheerful attitude.
9. Able to demonstrate competency in all areas of training for personal care.
10. Complete an appropriate and pertinent training program, or
11. Successful completion of skills validation via direct observation of performance of tasks
Responsibilities/essential functions: The person in this position must be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Observe and maintain the home environment to ensure safety and security of the client
2. Assist with household chores including cooking, meal preparation, cleaning, and laundry
3. Assist in completing activities such as shopping and appointments outside the home.
4. Provide companionship including, but not limited to, social interaction, conversation, emotional reassurance, encouragement of reading, writing, and mind stimulating activities
5. Assist with activities of daily living, personal care, and other assignments included in the service plan.
6. Assist with personal care including
7. Positioning, transfers, ambulation, and exercises
8. Bowel/bladder care including use of bedpan, and perineal care
9. Medications assistance
10. Assist with nourishment and fluid needs including preparing meals, feeding client, and offering fluids;
11. Assist with Health Maintenance Activities
12. Household tasks related to client's medical needs, including bed linen changes, client's laundry, light housekeeping where client spends most of his time, shopping, errands;
13. Provide protective oversight as needed
14. Observe and report any changes from normal to the license professional
15. Maintain timely records of home visits.
16. Attend and/or participate as appropriate in client care conferences, staff, education, and/or committee meetings;
17. Complete appropriate service notes regarding service provision of each visit - documentation shall contain services provided, date and time in and out, and confirmation of care provided. Such confirmation shall be according to agency policy.
18. Perform other related functions as directed.
19. Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job performance.
20. Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and standards in performance of job functions.